The Cat's MLB Over/Under Bets & Detailed Writeups (Everyone Read)

Search
Tokens
2012 MLB O/U Season Record: 361-329-47 (143-119-27 in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Half; 108-82-20 in last 2 months of season)
2012 MLB O/U Playoff Record: 13-10-1
2011 MLB O/U Season Record: 366-270-42
2011 MLB O/U Playoff Record: 14-11-3
*Only over/under bets

Sunday, October 28, 2012 was the last time we saw meaningful baseball. Of course, that was the deciding Game 4 of the World Series, and ironically, it was actually also the night before Hurricane Sandy struck, which is a huge coincidence for me, personally, not just because I lived through it here on Long Island, but also because I expected life to change greatly immediately after baseball - just as I always do proceeding the very last baseball game of the year, although for different reasons, and certainly not to the extent of which it occurred. Literally, life was altered in a huge way immediately following last baseball season.

Five months later, here we are once more, getting set for another season involving The Greatest Sport on Earth. And I have an announcement to make, that I hope is not taken the wrong way at all, and something of which that I can hope everyone can be happy for me… I have been hired by Vegas Insider as a baseball writer/handicapper under my real name of Matt Zylbert. Those of you who have gotten to know me realize that this is a huge opportunity for me, having always wanted to be a sports writer since I was a little kid (Hence the daily 500-1,200 word articles on here pertaining to my dear over/unders throughout last year), yet my Journalism degree that I got after graduating college unfortunately hasn’t really helped. This is an opportunity I’ve been craving for a long, long time and is a big break that I certainly deserve.

I was the only person here - or any site, for that matter - that wrote daily 500-1,200 word articles every single day, literally, for all 6-7 months of the regular season and playoffs. In the same fashion, I never missed a week of football with similarly-composed articles, while hosting one of the consistently busiest threads on the Football Forum every week, and in the process of hitting on more than 56% with my 139-106-8 record. It just goes to show that hard work pays off, as my hard work was noticed and observed, while delivering me an opportunity.

Above everything, I don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way. I have not “sold out” nor have I become a “tout.” Not AT ALL. First off, those people are the ones who don’t care about anyone else, and are only concerned with making money. That, obviously, is not me, as you all should recall me repeatedly emphasizing how you have to stress the “fun” aspect in this hobby more than anything else in order to be successful. The main component of gambling, to me at least, is pride. I know that I know more about starting pitchers than 99% of people out there. I proved it every day last year with my never-ending flow of knowledge. I continually proved it with my excessively correct bold predictions on certain pitchers, such as Lucas Harrell and Eric Stults, two waiver claims that nobody had ever heard of, yet I continually pounded and pointed out how they were destined for stardom from the beginning. Well, “stardom” in my own warped mind, where Bud Norris, Henderson Alvarez, and Blake Beavan are destined to become shutdown top-rotation pitchers; “relevancy” to everyone else. But I’ve always prided myself on calls like that and digging everything there is to know in all those under-the-radar pitchers, while also pointing out which scrubs are actually scrubs and over machines (Corey Kluber!). Thus, attaining a high-end win-loss record with my exclusive -110 over/unders is always my highest priority because of what I alluded to - pride.

But again, please don’t think I’ve “turned my back” or anything of that nature. That is not the case at all. I’ve always been very personal for a reason; I write with my heart on my sleeve, and I will continue to be the eccentric individual that I’ve always been. This is an opportunity I could not pass up, and let’s be honest, it is something that most of you here would not pass up as well. Think of it as a player getting the call to the biggest stage there is (RX obviously has the biggest forum and most visitors, but VI gets the most hits for what they do and the information that they provide) when it comes to sports gambling writing.

I’ve already started there and hopefully you can all be proud of me that my writing often seen here has successfully carried over, first with a 12,000-word team-by-team MLB Preview that I worked very hard on.

I sincerely want to thank everyone here (Even though I’m not leaving, as I’ll still be posting in other people’s threads and give my thoughts and such), starting with BoutMyMoney and Skyla, two of the more talented handicappers anywhere. They are two of the reasons the Baseball Forum is in such good shape, not to mention other excellent guys in Enfuego, HookEmHorns, oFred, and more… if you really think about it, our Baseball core here is probably the most talented of ANY of the sub-forums on here in any sport! I specifically point out BMM and Sky, as they were the only two, along with myself, who were here from Opening Day until the end. But the others I mentioned, and some I didn’t mention, comprise a very, very unique group that each has something different, and useful, to bring to the table.

So again, I want to thank everyone, especially my own readers who constantly contributed throughout my threads last year and during football season as well, while helping my threads regularly be among the most-viewed of all discussions on any given day. It is this, more than anything, that kept me going strong literally every single day for 7 months last season (And every single week for the 6 months of football season). I also want to thank the Mods, who I am big fans of (Particularly BetAll, Murph, Hache, Achillies) that have this place in such good hands. They’re a large reason why The RX is, without question, the most popular sports gambling forums on the internet. It’s not even close.

But please, I mention once more: Do not think I’ve sold out or turned my back. I’m the same eccentric, good person that I’ve always been who is always open to any discussion or question. That’s why I always liked to come off as being very personal on here and responsive. And please, don’t think I’m simply trying to “promote” myself. I’m simply giving all of you an update as to what direction I’m headed, since I’ve been such a big part of the Baseball Forum and continually talked about it, even during football season every week. The RX will always be my home, I love it here, and I will still continue to post so it’s not like I’m leaving. I just don’t want anyone to think that something “fishy” is up when I cannot post my picks here; all I’m doing is answering to an opportunity that I’ve been waiting for in regards to my writing and my pick selection, and I hope everyone here understands that.

With that all said, I’m still going to provide my first over/under of the year, and you can do whatever you want with it. I am doing this because every regular reader of mine knows that Bud Norris is my favorite pitcher in all of Major League Baseball, and I arguably know him as well as anyone out there. After all, my 11-6 record with him in over/unders last year backs it up, which ironically followed a 2011 season in which I went 11-6-1 with him there as well, thus making me a splendid 22-12-1 (64.7%) on Bud Norris over/unders over the past two years. (And for the record, I was 4-2 with Matt Harrison over/unders last year, and 1-4 with him in 2011. I also lost my biggest Harrison over/under last year, which was a lost under vs Ricky Romero on a Wednesday afternoon in Toronto in the first half of the season). This is going to be a tough one, though, and allow me to expand on that…

Texas Rangers @ Houston Astros
Matt Harrison vs Bud Norris
OVER 8/8.5 (Wait till gametime to see if line drops to 8)

There are sometimes certain moments in life that just make you wonder if it was tailor-made specifically for you. After all, from my perspective, how else do you explain the coincidence of this particular matchup? The Texas Rangers, my favorite team, going up against the Houston Astros, the team I’ve bet most on in the past two years (And have had success with, as you can see in my other earlier thread where I posted my records with each team AND pitcher), and who will be sending out my favorite pitcher in ALL of baseball, Bud Norris, for this Opening Day assignment. So, yeah, my favorite team against my favorite pitcher, who is also starting a new era in Astros history, being in the American League now, and not only that, he’ll be facing another guy I adore as well in Matt Harrison, who was actually my favorite player we acquired (Tied with Jarrod Saltalamacchia) in the 2007 Mark Teixeira trade (What a brilliant trade that ended up being). It feels somewhat like a dream. And on national television to kick off a new season?! Just unreal.

Norris, as a lot of you should recall, is someone I know very well, considering I probably wrote more about him last year than anyone else; beat writers included. Despite statistically taking a step back last season, he’s still a frontline pitcher with shutdown stuff, and his full statline didn’t actually do his season performance its correct justice (Ex. Getting lit up in Colorado for 10 or so runs in less than two innings in one particular start, if memory serves me correctly, skewered his stats tremendously). Furthermore, he suffered from blister issues at various points in the year, which obviously limited him in those specific times. But other than that, he looked like his normal dominant self (Ex. Check out his June game log, which I continually pimped last year as one of the greatest single months enjoyed by a starting pitcher), having still flashed greatness throughout portions of the campaign that we saw very often in 2011, leading me to believe that this is still someone who can be a very significant starting pitcher. And I believe he will. HOWEVER, this is a unique scenario. Remember my form of betting: I stress the mentality and mindset above everything else, and as much as I love Norris’ skillset, I’m afraid this is a situation that cannot best maximize his talents. National television, which the Astros never play on; Opening Day, which Bud has never made an assignment for (Although, to his credit, from the articles I have read and interview I witnessed, he does treat this like a huge deal and appreciate it immensely, acknowledging it as a lot of people’s dream growing up). One thing I do like about Bud Norris is that he is tough mentally; even when he has his cases of wildness, which comes with being a hard-thrower, he always hangs in there. He has the mentality of a bulldog. But at the same time, he can get VERY emotional (Because he's very passionate) if you’ve seen his starts, and that can be good and bad. In this specific instance, I think too much emotion can lead to one small dose of wildness, which could cause him to unravel a bit, as the Rangers, even with their losses on offense, still possess a dangerous lineup, and will be motivated right out of the gate. They’ve had great success against Houston in the recent past, and on Opening Night, that can absolutely recur offensively. Even if Norris comes through with a solid start, which he easily can if his stuff is on and he’s mentally stable, the Astros’ bullpen is a huge unknown. Odds are that, like in recent years, it will struggle, although I did like the pick-up of Jose Veras to be the club’s new closer. But even he will be vulnerable, as he’s never closed full-time before, and that could be another contributing factor that leads to some type of outburst of runs late in the game potentially.

Meanwhile, Matt Harrison is on the opposite side of the spectrum, as far as pressure situations go, having already pitched in a World Series Game 7, which is the pinnacle of ALL pressure situations. Still, in that specific scenario, Harrison was a little disappointing (Remember St. Louis jumping out to that early comfortable lead before taking it), and while pitching on Opening Day is a different beast to deal with, I still see the similarities, and therefore, can see Harrison disappoint a little bit to kick off his 2013 season. For one, he’s coming off a horrific spring that saw him yield 8 runs in 12 innings, while registering a 1.46 WHIP. In addition, he only struck out five batters, and considering this is someone who doesn’t really have a knack for striking out opposing hitters, I see that as something that can enable Houston’s offense to get something going early, and potentially often. In fact, I can see Houston winning this game (But I’m not betting it, since I’m strictly only over/unders), as mentally, this is will be their high point. They’ve heard enough crap from the general public and media alike concerning if they’ll become the first team to lose 106+ games in three straight years. And then they’ve been hammered in recent days with the fact that their whole team is making less than Alex Rodriguez this upcoming season, which has to motivate them. How can it not? There are pieces here that can fuel the offense over the long term, specifically one of my top five sleeper candidates this season, Chris Carter (Don’t be surprised if he homers in this one… actually, I’ll call it. And the last time I predicted someone to hit a home run in a game, it was David Ross in the National League wild card play-in game… and he did! Documented here and everything), who is capable of a monster season in the power department, as long as he gets consistent at-bats, which he should. Additionally, you have Jose Altuve, Brett Wallace (Another sleeper candidate who may finally get going), Carlos Pena, and Rick Ankiel all looming to potentially cause damage. My main point is this Astros offense can be better than people think, especially with a DH residing now, and they may get to work immediately with their hunger at its highest point. To say they’ll be playing with a chip on their shoulder, with the whole country watching, is an understatement. If they have to do work against the Texas bullpen, that’s plausible as well. The Rangers lost some pieces from a year ago, which arguably made the unit weaker overall.

I must point out: This is NOT meant to be bet on big. There should be no huge bets involved, as far as the over/under is concerned, with the line being at 8.5. 5-3/6-2/5-2 is all possible, which is why I’m trying to wait for the line to drop to 8. I’d even argue the same thing concerning the outcome of the game, as Harrison, as much as I like him, is no proven stud at all in these situations. I obviously am obsessed with Norris, but other than that, I can see pitching his team to victory. He very may well treat this like it’s the biggest deal of his life, which wouldn’t surprise me. Therefore, while I might say Houston wins, it’s still tough, as is the over/under, of course. If you choose to tail me on the over, WAIT the hours out leading up to gametime to see if it drops to 8. And if you take it at 8.5, certainly don’t risk any type of big amount. It’s only Opening Night after all, and we have 7 months to go after tonight. I’m ready for this new season.

So there you have it, 2,700 words later. It certainly should be a fun way to kick off the 2013 campaign, which I’ve been obsessively looking forward to since, well, the date that began this whole piece of writing, Sunday, October 28, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokens
I'm very happy and excited for you as you get to do what you are good at and love. Congratulations to the beginning of an excellent career!

BOL tonight and the rest of the season as well! :toast:

Tokens
I'm very happy and excited for you as you get to do what you are good at and love. Congratulations to the beginning of an excellent career!

BOL tonight and the rest of the season as well! :toast:

Thank you, HookEm. Coming from you, one of the trusted longstanding veterans here, that means something to me and I really appreciate that.

Above everything, though, LET'S GO RANGERS! How do you think our boys will fare this year? I have them pegged for 82-86 wins, but I feel like our dear old AL West is actually going to be one of the toughest divisions in baseball to predict. I really think Houston will surprise most, as I've always talked about how underrated their starting pitching is (And quality starting pitching 1-through-5 is enough to fuel any sort of run), and I like their offense more this year than last, since I LOVE Chris Carter. The Mariners, too, should be better, but it's just hard envisioning them above our beloved Rangers, A's (Absolutely love Oakland's pitching, from a baseball fan and unders perspective), or Angels. Seattle is close, though.

Very, very interesting division we have this year. Can't wait to see how it unfolds, and hopefully this time, Texas doesn't peak early on in the year before collapsing like last season. UGHHHH, that was painful. If only we didn't lose our seemingly season-long division lead to Oakland, we have a chance to go to the World Series for a third straight year (We could always outscore Detroit, if it came down to that), but at the same time, no excuses. We looked embarrassing AT HOME against JOE SAUNDERS in the play-in game so maybe we did deserve our anti-climatic exit. It was quite embarrassing, and unfortunately, I still vividly remember all my friends ripping on me throughout the game that night. Painful.

BOL to you as well this season HookEm and I'll certainly be checking in to see how you're doing and commenting. GO RANGERS (Very much looking forward to the emergence of Leonys Martin this year)

Tokens
VegasInsider.com, under my real name Matt Zylbert. Check out my bio there, and my 12,000 word team-by-team MLB Preview :)

Tokens
Wow dude, havent been on here in forever. Doing my own thing now without any outside input and having fun while doing it. Hopped on just to check what your thoughts were for opening night. Congrats on the VI gig. Just read some of your preseason write ups over there. The dream is becoming a reality. Nice work Cats :toast:

Tokens
Wow dude, havent been on here in forever. Doing my own thing now without any outside input and having fun while doing it. Hopped on just to check what your thoughts were for opening night. Congrats on the VI gig. Just read some of your preseason write ups over there. The dream is becoming a reality. Nice work Cats :toast:

Darkstar!! It is VERY good to hear from you! I remember you very well throughout last season, and as I was recalling all the regulars on here from 2012, I actually was wondering what happened to you! Good to hear you're alive and dong well :) Was hoping you would have resurfaced on here during football season, but you're absolutely right, sometimes it's just better to do your own thing without any outside input. It makes a difference and is more fun that way.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate that. I distinctly remember some of our conversations early on in the year (During my nightmarish first half lol luckily I had a very good second half and postseason; didn't miss a single day), and it was always a pleasure discussing baseball with you.

I'll still be on here commenting in other people's threads and I hope you'll be doin the same. Again, very nice to hear from you again and I wish you the best of luck this season.

Tokens
There it is! An over victory to begin the new campaign! That one feels good, considering it involved my favorite pitcher and one who I routinely dominate with.

If you're interested in continuing to keep tabs on me, just check me out at VegasInsider.com, under my real name of Matt Zylbert.

I'll still be posting in other threads here as well so I'm still going to be around.

Tokens
Darkstar!! It is VERY good to hear from you! I remember you very well throughout last season, and as I was recalling all the regulars on here from 2012, I actually was wondering what happened to you! Good to hear you're alive and dong well :) Was hoping you would have resurfaced on here during football season, but you're absolutely right, sometimes it's just better to do your own thing without any outside input. It makes a difference and is more fun that way.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate that. I distinctly remember some of our conversations early on in the year (During my nightmarish first half lol luckily I had a very good second half and postseason; didn't miss a single day), and it was always a pleasure discussing baseball with you.

I'll still be on here commenting in other people's threads and I hope you'll be doin the same. Again, very nice to hear from you again and I wish you the best of luck this season.

Good to hear back from you Cat. Ill look for ya on the VI. Houston was almost a play for me tonight but that late line movement made it a no go. BOL to both of us this season. Ill check in with ya soon. Meanwhile Ill keep an eye from a far! Tear it up my man! :toast:

Tokens
You work for a site that charges $29.00 or so for your picks that makes you a tout, not a sports writer. You were a handicapper last year you didn't need to be part of Vegas insiders to make you that. I wish you the best and hope you are happy in your new endeavor, seriously. Luck & Laters.

Tokens
You work for a site that charges $29.00 or so for your picks that makes you a tout, not a sports writer. You were a handicapper last year you didn't need to be part of Vegas insiders to make you that. I wish you the best and hope you are happy in your new endeavor, seriously. Luck & Laters.

I appreciate the well-wishes, nojuice. You were one of my favorite commenters in my threads so I thank you for that.

As for your opinion, it's hard to agree with that. When I hear the term "tout," I think of a scumbag that doesn't care about his clients and is only concerned with the money he makes. Clearly, you know that's not me at all, nor is it something I've ever going to turn into. Ever. Pride is still the main thing that drives me to work as hard as I do every day - not money - and it continue to be the aspect that dominates and fuels me.

I still put in the same work and effort. My write-ups are still ridiculously long (Haha) at 500-1,200 words. I'm still the same person I've always been. I simply took an opportunity that was presented to me to write for the biggest stage of them all (Vegas Insider is the No. 1 site in the sports gambling industry), and get paid for my work, which is certainly a nice bonus given all the hours that I put in, as you know, literally every single day for seven consecutive months (Except the all-star break).

As for the sports writing aspect of it, that's another thing. I AM a sports writer there as well, if you check out my articles, which are listed below... a 12,000-word team-by-team MLB Preview for a VERY big site like V.I. is a nice accomplishment for me, getting hundreds of thousands of reads (Compared to my articles here that would only garner hundreds or thousands per day. Even my popular football threads, which were among the three most-read every week, only drew 3,000-6,000 hits). Here are the articles I've done thus far:

AL East: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1386762
AL Central: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1386763
AL West: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1386764
NL East: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1390837
NL Central: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1390838
NL West: http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1390840

My articles, thus far, have even been featured prominently on the main page, which is huge, especially when all those people see my name and are then able to learn about me. It's an opportunity I could not pass up, and believe me, it was difficult because I miss posting my plays here and interacting with everyone concerning them. I really do miss it, which is why I'm still here posting in other people's threads in the first place.

But yes, I absolutely miss having my daily threads here. That was, without question, the toughest part of the transition.

Tokens
I do not think your a scumbag, didn't even suggest it. The fact of the matter is once you charge for your picks/information you are a tout. I understand that it is just that you get paid for your work, never thought that money motivated your passion. Plus, if you were making money off your picks why would you need to get paid for them...just wager larger amounts. I like you from what I know of you and think your class. I wish you luck and hope you become the top person in your field, I know you put in the work. Drop by the bases forum, a lot of guys still picking winners up there.

Tokens
Where is your 2011 Record at? I don't see it posted anywhere here... and it shows you joined TheRX April 2012, maybe that's why it cant be found?

Also to add... I got offered to become tout and/or share my systems-handicapping with a couple of services, but I refused. I don't want to be anyway associated with those kind of tout services. Its like saying "Oh yeah, he is a rapist and rapes girls, but I still hang around with him, and lure the girls in so her can rape them... but don't think I am bad tho"

Ill pass on being associated on anything shady that steals money from people.

But, I wish you luck

Tokens
Where is your 2011 Record at? I don't see it posted anywhere here... and it shows you joined TheRX April 2012, maybe that's why it cant be found?

Also to add... I got offered to become tout and/or share my systems-handicapping with a couple of services, but I refused. I don't want to be anyway associated with those kind of tout services. Its like saying "Oh yeah, he is a rapist and rapes girls, but I still hang around with him, and lure the girls in so her can rape them... but don't think I am bad tho"

Ill pass on being associated on anything shady that steals money from people.

But, I wish you luck

very nice catch on the 2011 record. Its amazing how that record is good yet, the plays werent posted here. If a 100 dollar player bet his 2012 regular season plays they lost 90 bucks on the season plus however much the games would have cost, if he was charging.

also congrats on not selling out to the touts. They just bring bad karma

Tokens
Also have some other questions.... Are you in Vegas now?

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/picks/records.cfm/hc/272/matt-zylbert

It shows that you bet the Rangers/Astros game at the Wynn.... then the next day you traveled to Atlantis to bet the Colorado/Milwaukee game, while then going online at the same time to wager on the Miami/Washington game at 5dimes??

I thought handicappers were supposed to use lines "Widely" available to anyone... how do you expect them to do all that traveling you do to get the best line? Why from so many sources? Shouldn't you use just specifically "online" lines, or "Vegas/Atlantis" lines? Why the switch between the 2 when online the ONLINE is widely available?

Tokens
300.00 for a month of picks. nobody is going to go for that.

i dont see the problem with him going this way though, i just dont see the demand being there at those prices.

1. the people who bet here are cheap and poor to begin with.
2. because they are poor, they will follow whoever is hot and posting picks for free because they cant pick games for themselves.

the average gambler here is a lower to middle class male who shouldn't be gambling to begin with. works a full time 9-5 and just gets by, but thinks they can make good money on the side betting sports.

this guy is suited more towards the upper middle class guy who can afford to lose.

that clientele is not on this forum. i dont know if he posts elsewhere or not so the point may be moot, but i just don't see him getting anyone here.

Tokens
Woah woah woah. First of all, don't even start with the disrespect. I've worked as hard as ANYONE (And continue to do so) with my efforts, and contributed more than ANYONE here, both in the Baseball and Football Forums, from both a writing standpoint and handicapping standpoint. Don't you dare to try to lump me in with "touts" who couldn't care less about the people they "assist," or those who don't even really have a passion for this. Obviously, if you know me, as most people here do, which is why I've gotten nothing but good support from everyone, you wouldn't even think to put me in that category. That's just insulting. I'm one of the nicest, honest, and most personal guys out there, as I've proven seemingly EVERY DAY in my time here.

Who was the only person in the country that produced DAILY 500-1,200 word articles concerning baseball over/unders? EVERY DAY FOR 7 FUCKING MONTHS during the regular season and playoffs. PLENTY of people can verify that, or you could choose to look it up yourself in the "Advanced Search." I was the heart and soul of the forum, and continue to be such in my new position. I'm obviously legitimate, so why even question something that was addressed when I first got here? A)Vegas Insider actually verified my 2011 work, since it was all documented (AS I even posted my record with each team AND pitcher. Do the numbers... everything adds up... check my thread detailing all of this from a FEW DAYS AGO). B)I can provide you with my OWN documentation, if you want, or provide you with my own PERSONAL user name and password to the site I use (ace23.com).

Hell, I'll even top that. I can e-mail you all 27 pages of my 2011 documentation, I'll give you my phone number as well, and you can even test me. I am so passionate and obsessed with this stuff that you could spout off any pitching matchup that I bet considerably on FROM 2011, and I can tell you the day of the week it occurred. Does that sound strange? Absolutely. But I'm so dedicated to this stuff that I know it like the back of my hand, even from two years ago. Obviously, I'd be better with my 2012 gamelog, as that only happened a year ago instead of two, so if you truly want to be impressed, I'll give you my 2012 documentation (All 31 pages), and I'll tell you the day of the week of ANY pitching matchup.

Feel free to try me. But don't ever fucking insult me over something that was already addressed - something I worked so incredibly hard for to accomplish - which you obviously were not apart of when it was addressed. It's been verified by Vegas Insider anyway, hence how I was allowed to put it in my bio, so why be a dick and spit all over my hard work that was one of the greatest accompishments of my life? That's completely uncalled for and absolutely disrespectful. I've contributed so much to the point where anything I say or do shouldn't even be in question. I'm as personal and as passionate as anyone on here so don't make these ridiculous statements when you clearly didn't do the research.

Actually, if you want to go even deeper, check out the very first day I wrote here: I believe it was April 6 of last year. The season started two days prior (I posted at Covers and didn't like their set-up. In all honesty, Covers sucks. Mostly retards there), and if you actually do the research, what was the first thing I fessed up to? A 1-3/1-4 record. BEFORE I WROTE HERE. If I was one of those loser touts or loser members that lies about their performance, why would I own up to that? Why wouldn't I just start my time here with a 0-0 record? Furthermore, when I started including my +/- money for each bet and overall, why did I admit to being down even though I was a healthy 54% (At the time I revealed it)? I could have lied and said I was up hundreds. But I wasn't so I told the truth. As I always do. And as I always will continue to do.

That all being said, don't EVER insinuate that I'm "shady" or "fake." I've WRITTEN LONGER ANALYSIS WRITE-UPS THAN ANYONE HERE ON A DAILY BASIS, because my passion for this is unparalleled by anyone. That's not meant to sell anything. That's not meant to promote myself. It's a simple truthful statement because of the FUCKING HARD WORK that I put in every single night during baseball season, as many will agree with.

That's why I'm still posting here. I grew up here as a handicapper, in terms of writing in front of a large audience for the first time (Which I started BECAUSE of my 2011 performance; if it wasn't for that, why the fuck would I even come on here?), and I want to give back as much as I can. I like most of the people here, the mods are awesome, and it's simply a tremendous community to be apart of.

Honestly, as I've said over and over, the toughest part about "moving on" was not being able to post my picks here. I miss it. I truly do. I liked that a lot of people here tailed me, I enjoyed the fact that I had a lot of regular readers, and most importantly, I liked helping people win money with my own hard work. It became a hobby, which is why I didn't miss a day for seven freaking months with my usual long write-ups (Nor did I miss a week during football season, of course), even when I was on vacation last July.

Come on, man. We've talked in threads before. You know I'm one of the honest ones. I've always written with my heart on my sleeve, I've always been very personal and helpful with everyone at every opportunity. All those accusations to me are a slap in the face after everything I've put on here and everything I've exhibited. Don't ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Lump me with those scumbag touts who don't give a shit. Obviously, not everyone fits the stereotype, although most do, but you should know I'm one of the exceptions.

And as for you being offered a position with certain services, that's great. You can either accept the opportunity or you can refuse it. I respect either opinion. But, at the end of the day, I was offered a very unique position that could also forward my hopeful sports writing career (As I've mentioned several times before, I'm a Jounalism graduate who's only wanted to do one thing in life - write about sports, and I'm obviously damn good at it).

In the process, I was given an opportunity to write and handicap for the most well-known site in the sports gambling industry. How can I turn that down? That's obviously different from handicapping for just "any" service. Vegas Insider gets hundreds of thousands of hits a day. Why can't I take this opportunity that I worked so hard for, to write in front of a HUGEEE audience, while also being paid for it? You can't possibly be mad at me for that.

Conclusion: I'm the same hard-working, good person I've always been. Do I miss posting my picks here? As I said a thousand times, absolutely. Absolutely. Absolutely. But I was given a opportunity that I worked extremely hard for, and decided to take it. How can you fault me for that? Why are you trying to make me feel like a dick for taking a tremendous opportunity I worked very hard for? I'm the same person I've always been and this suddenly won't change me into something else.

You claim you had your chances for the same thing, and decline. That's perfectly fine. But this is a huge business that is very well-known, in which I can write in front of a huge audience and get paid for it, which is a very nice bonus. Why would I say no to that?

I've written enough to the point where everyone knows the real me. I'm still the same, quality individual that I hope I came across as in my daily articles. Nothing will ever hurt my drive or my passion. Period.

Tokens
Also:

Mods,

Why have I suddenly been put on Post Review and lost my ability to PM?? You know I'm not one of those scumbags out there, and haven't acted as such at all. I haven't posted anything in the Baseball Forum promoting myself or anything of that nature; just offering feedback for my fellow peers who I've grown close to, as in a lot of the Baseball Forum, and cheering them on. What's wrong with that? I'm close with a lot of people here, surely I can cheer them on and still try and help out... the point of me STILL posting here is because I'm still apart of the Baseball Community, albeit not while posting my picks. Come on, there's nothing wrong with that.

After all I've contributed, I don't understand why you think I would suddenly change into something I'm not. Please address any newfound concerns you would have towards me. I'm the same person I've always been - the same person who wrote 500-1,200 word articles every single freaking day last year, and every single week during football. I'm still apart of the community and I still aim to help everyone out. What exactly is wrong with that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
larryD314
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com